Helping students and families is our main goal.
We work to:
- Improve reading abilities
- Reduce frustration
- Increase self-confidence
- Partner with students and families
At Accessible Reading, an individualized plan is developed to meet the specific needs of each student.
- Individual tutoring
- Initial/ongoing assessment
- Use of Orton-Gillingham based methods and materials
- Use of additional materials/programs, as needed
- Feedback on a regular basis
Why Choose Accessible Reading?
- Knowledgeable and trusted
- Student focused
Ilene Fireman is certified as both a Learning Disabilities Consultant and a special education teacher. She earned her MA and Ed.M at Teachers College, Columbia University as a Reading Specialist. She has graduate level training in the use of Orton Gillingham methods and materials, as well as in other reading programs. Ilene specializes in working with students who have varied reading disabilities including those with Dyslexia. She has over 25 years of experience in the public schools, clinical settings, and in private practice. She has also taught reading and study skills at the college level.