Nearly 1 in 5 people have trouble reading!
Are you concerned about someone?
Common warning signs include:
- Failure to learn letters/numbers by kindergarten
- Poor spelling
- Reversals of letters/numbers past grade 2
- Trouble sounding out words
- Difficulty reading basic sight words
- Trouble expressing ideas
- Limited recall/understanding of reading material
- Avoids reading/writing tasks
A reading disability is not a small problem!
It can lead to:
- Low grades
- Behavioral issues
- Family stress
- Failure to reach potential
- Limited college/career opportunities
What can be done?
- Early identification
- Become informed
- Seek appropriate reading instruction
Accessible Reading can help!
Accessible Reading, LLC offers a specialized student centered approach to reading instruction for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Individual tutoring
- Initial/ongoing assessment
- Use of Orton-Gillingham based methods and materials
- Use of additional programs, as needed
- Feedback on a regular basis